Friday, May 31, 2013

California Love

Matt and I had a chance to get away for a long weekend this past weekend!  
It was GLORIOUS! Matt headed out early for work, and I met him Thursday afternoon.  Here is the rundown...
In May and June it is usually quite gloomy, it was unseasonably warm and sunny, which made for a glorious couple of days.   We had a wedding Sunday afternoon, which was a ton of fun, and I truly fell in love with a couple of his co-workers and wives out there.  We had such a great time with people we (I) barely knew.  This post is sort of a mish mash of what we did, I didn't take very many pictures.

I got in on Thursday afternoon, grabbed Matt and took him for a hair cut (he will kill me later for posting this pic)  We actually met up with his coworker and his wife at Umami Burger that night and sat and talked and laughed for over 3 hours.  I can't tell you the last time we did that, but it might have been one of the funnest dinners I have had in a very very long time.
Friday Morning we both got up super early and hiked the canyon behind the Griffith Observatory, we had grand ideas of hiking up to the Hollywood sign, and those were greatly squashed when I realized I am a total scaredy cat.  We stayed the straight and narrow. 

Because we were up so early we were done by 8:30, so we took our sweaty selves to get some hipster coffee and some music store that Matt likes.  Have I mentioned I love playing with the timer app on my phone?
We walked the beach in Malibu one day, it was glorious!  the best hair day of my year!! 
 I long for the salty air.
We went to the Getty Museum.  
It was AMAZING, we wandered through it for 4 hours, without a care in the world.  
There was only 1 Van Gogh, but several Monets, and Renoirs.  
They are breathtaking, the detail amazes me.
The gardens at the museum were stunning, along with the amazing view of the city.  
The museum is up on top of a hill, you park at the bottom of the hill and take a tram all the way up to the top of Los Angeles. 

We took in 2 sunsets, 1 at the Santa Monica Pier, and 1 at Venice Beach.  Both amazing, probably my favorite parts of the trip.  We sit and giggle at all the lovers making out, and watch how incredibly fast the sun actually goes down.  Gods creation never ceases to amaze me!
Then we closed the trip off with 1 more hike, more like I walked 1/2 way up Matt ran the whole way, it was fun!
Pizza at Mario Batali's Pizzeria Mozza.  I was so hungry and Matt wanted fancy pizza from here, I was so hesitant to get it, it was AMAZING!!  He truly knows me and knows what I like, he knows what I can and can't do, I fall more in love with him everyday!  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails