Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I'm getting excited

I have to admit I have been a little on the fence about this pregnancy.  

  • I'm pretty nervous, I feel slightly overwhelmed some days, and think why did God choose me to have 1 more?!  
  • I've had all these fears that my sweet little champ would become "that 2nd" child full of neglect and I would miss all his cute quirks.  
  • How am I going to get 3 kids out the door to church on Sunday morning alone when I barely get out with 2 now?
  • Coats, hats, mittens, seat belts in the middle of winter doesn't sound enjoyable with a newborn aded into the mix. 
  • Both my sister-in-laws are amazing at balancing everything, and I can barely remember to brush my teeth some mornings.
Somehow since last friday, that has all disappeared. 

We went to visit our new little baby Jacob.  
Champ was so super excited to hold baby Jacob and to just look at him and touch him.  
He sat there so well and just held him, he didn't want to let go of him.  
I've never seen this sweet gentle side of him and it sold me on the whole new baby deal.  
Watching him hold his tiny little hand and touch his tiny little toes reassured me. 
I have not been able to get the image of my sweet little guy holding this tiny little baby out of my head since that night, and every day it gets me more and more excited for our little #3! 

He has been asking to go hold baby Jacob every day since that night. 

1 comment:

lori bunk said...

i love this!!!!! he is going to be such a fun brother!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails