Thursday, January 6, 2011

writing with a 4 year old

Madeline's birthday was in November, christmas came in December and her and i are just now getting around to writing some thank you cards to all her wonderful family for blessing her.  We went down to my drawer of stationary and picked out these cute little cards with a little girl on them, until she saw the hello kitty cards.  She was so excited.  I let her pick out 5 of them to send out.  


Here is her reasoning behind each card...

  • the eiffel tower card is going to grandy and poppy "because grandy loves the eiffel tower"
  • the ice skating one goes to auntie kyle and uncle justin "because auntie kyle has all hello kitties on her christmas tree and she will think this is so cute"
  • the ballerina goes to scarlett "because scarlett loves ballet just like me"
  • the green apple one to aunt katie and uncle tony "maybe aunt katie will like this one it is cute"
  • the pogo stick was a bit more of a challenge
    • me - well why don't we send the pogo stick card to isaac, zoey and jaliah
    • maddy - weeeeellllllll, do you have any boy cards??  isaac DOES NOT like girl stuff at all and he will definitely not like hello kitty.
    • me - no, but this one has a pogo stick on it so maybe he will like it because boys like pogo sticks and it is orange.
    • maddy - weeeeeellllll, i guess maybe he wouldn't mind that, i will have to write with a black marker in his card, because i know he likes black.



I had to jump in the shower, so i had maddy get started on writing a little something in her cards, and i promised i would come help her finish when i was done.  So 4 cards in and she is telling me what she wrote in every card, she then started to get quite impatient with me...


me - maddy what does this say to aunt katie and uncle tony
maddy - i don't know i can't read 
me - well didn't you write it, shouldn't you know what you wrote?
maddy - weeeeelllll, you read it i am writing another card. 
me - i can't read it.
maddy - welllllll, you know how to read, so read it.
me - i'm sorry i just can't understand what you wrote.
maddy - ok let me see if i can read it, you should really learn to read better


seriously she kills me!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails