i borrowed my aunt's cricut machine (which i am madly in love with!!!! that thing is amazing) and cut out some ornaments and different holiday shapes. i then laminated them so that i could reuse them, and taped them to the wall in the shape of a christmas tree. the kids are so excited to start taking 1 down a day.
|this one is my favorite!|
here is what we are doing for the next 25 days, it's nothing elaborate but it works for me.
- madeline gets to go on a special adventure, while champ and i bond.
- read the nativity story
- go to the library to get christmas books
- madeline and mommy special morning/afternoon date
- setup our nativity scene
- color special christmas pictures
- build lego's with isaac, while champ hangs with zozo
- dance to christmas music
- make a christmas ornament
- read our chistmas books
- build christmas legos with daddy
- snuggle and watch a christmas movie
- collect change and give to bell ringers
- take silly pictures by the christmas tree
- collect some toys and give to those who need them
- go see mary poppins
- spend the afternoon with grandy
- go look at christmas lights
- make gingerbread houses
- make hot chocolate with marshmallows
- pick out a gift for jesus
- read the nativity story again and act it out
- look at last years christmas pictures
- try on new pj's
- merry christmas!