Thursday, November 26, 2009

happy thanksgiving

madeline and i had a thanksgiving conversation over breakfast this morning, it went a little something like this...

me - madeline today is thanksgiving
madeline - that means that when today is over we can put up our christmas tree
me - well yeah, but it also means we need to recognize what we are thankful for
madeline - oh
me - what are you thankful for?
madeline - my bed
me - oh ok, well i am thankful for jesus, daddy, you, christopher, nana, papa, grandy and poppy
madeline - a ha ha ha ha
me - are you thankful for anything else?
madeline - well, i am thankful for my fork, my eggies, and my jammies
me - really madeline, nothing else???
madeline - oh you know what else i am thankful for?
me - what?
madeline - i'm thankful for you mommy and that daddy runs


2 comments:

Kathy said...

This reminds me of Irene when she was that age. Her cousin said she didn't pray. So, she folded her hand, bowed her head and said"Lord I am thankful for my fork, knife and spoon. Without them, I have to use my fingers!" Amen!

Gabe ♥ Hannah said...

it is so sweet that she has real conversations... so precious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails