Thursday, November 19, 2009

guest blogger: lori

Since the moment Nina and I discussed the idea of guest blogging for each other I have been racking my brain for something brilliant to write... to no avail. Instead, I decided to take this opportunity to better introduce you to the amazing woman we call Nina Bunk. (She is probably DYING having to post this, but she promised she would post whatever I wrote!) If you would have told me in Jr. High that Nina "Girgenti" and I would be not only incredible friends, but sisters, I probably wouldn't have given you a nervous laugh. What would we talk about? I couldn't find my yearbooks, but I'm sure if I did, I would have seen something like "Have a great summer. See you next year, Love, Nina." It's not that we didn't like each other, we just didn't know each other very well. She was in my sister's class, along with my boyfriend's brother, and we just didn't hang out.

We started to get to know each other a lot better when she started to date my boyfriend's brother, Matt Bunk. Now I wasn't the only "girlfriend" hanging around the Bunk house over the summer. We got closer as the years went on, but nothing jump-started our relationship like having children. Not only do we have plenty things to talk about, but she is the one I call at 11pm crying because someone said something to hurt my feelings at the grocery store. She is my sister and I thank the Lord for placing her strategically in my life.Let's be honest, Nina is the type of sister and friend every woman needs. There is rarely a day that goes by that I don't receive a phone call from Nina letting me know the newest thing she picked up for my kids or where construction paper is on sale.

The older I get, the more I cherish my relationships with other women. They keep you grounded. They keep you encouraged. They keep you sane! Thank you Nina Bunk for not only being a friend I can count on, but my sister. I love you!

1 comment:

Krystle Rose said...

What a great post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails