Sunday, March 29, 2009

sunday funday!!!

my sundays are a little chaotic to say the least, i am usually scrambling to get 2 kids ready for church in the morning and out the door on time looking halfway descent, and today was no exception. church is then followed by nap time, and then we are off to my parents for sunday dinner and we are joined by my nana and papa, and george and bree.
well today we had several added bonuses!!!
  1. madeline and scarlett are having a slumber party at my parents tonight, which meant we were 1 kid less this evening
  2. the piccolos joined us for dinner
  3. we had hot turkey sandwiches instead of spaghetti
  4. my parents made a 5 course dinner for 15 while their electricity was out!!!! (turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and salad)
  5. my dad and i railroaded rachel and bree not once but twice in a game of pinochle!!
and #6 my mom had a very special surprise for matt and i!! our senior year homecoming, i had a dress that i absolutely loved (not to mention my mom loved too, she rememebred where we bought it), it was maroon, it had a little bow yada yada yada. well my mom took that dress and made it pint sized!! yep you heard me, she made it madeline sized, and that little thing absolutley loved her new dress, she came flaunting down the stairs in her dress and heels it was the cutest thing i ever saw!!! my mom even made her a little corsage, which she wore all day long! please tell me this is not the cutest dress you ever saw!!
and then after all the hoopla the girls started their official party, eating as many sweets as they could shove in their mouthes before being cut off, this consisted of frosting brownies, eating brownies, and eating rice krispie treats!!!
what a day!!


4 comments:

Melissa said...

so fun! we have family sunday night dinners at my parents house with everyone too- we love it!!!

Keri said...

I remember that dress! Your mom is amazing! What a special thing for her to do for you guys.

Patti Carollo said...

nana jeannine never ceases to amaze me~very sweet!

jessie said...

That dress is... WOWZERS !!! gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails