Friday, January 9, 2009

fun friday: buddy

ok here is the scoop...
i made madeline one of those fleece blankets where you tie the edges last year. since she got it, it has been her "buddy" she can't sleep without it, she can't watch a movie without it, if we are at someone's house late she needs to bring it with her. i think it is adorable that she calls her blankie a buddy. however this thing has gotten pretty nasty, just wash and wear, well i attempted to make her a new one in the summer time, and she hated it, she called it her "other buddy" and then my inlaws bought her a tinkerbell blanket for christmas thinking we could get rid of this thing...NOPE that is now the "tinkerbuddy" she will have nothing to do with it. ok well fast forward to yesterday, my mom and i go to joann's and find this super cute cupcake "buddy" so we are totally hyping "new buddy" all afternoon, i even get matt in on it, so today will be day one with the new buddy wish us luck!! we started cutting out our new buddy this morning and so far she is loving it, so we will see what happens at nap time.

so....
do your kids have any comfort things?? what are they?


old buddy

reading while waiting for her new buddy

new cake buddy

6 comments:

Melissa said...

that is so cute! dylan loves his thumb, i guess it makes it kind of easy... it can never get lost or be forgotten :)

denise said...

I hope it works for you! Unfortunately I don't think anything can take place of the original. Dalton has his asthma friend blue cow that he got attached to really young. So I went online and searched for another one right away and rotate them every washing so they wear evenly. So far so good!

BTW a suggestion for new baby is to get an asthma friendly bear or blanket (it says on it). Even if you don't need it, it is meant to be washed a TON and still look really good!

Valerina said...

i just want to say how much i love maddy!i hope that whenever i have kids they will be like her!lol.well i think i just want them to have the little accent she has!!haha.

victoria said...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Nina, but... I STILL have my 'buddy'!

My mom made me a quilt that I've had since I was a baby. She tried replacing my blanket several times to no avail. As an adult, her replacement strategies still didn't work. :)

Call it security or stubbornness, but in the end, I am happy to still have my beat-up blanket! It's a constant reminder of my mom every time I cuddle up with it! :)

So, even if you get rid of the 'original' buddy, you might consider saving it for her later. :)

jallen said...

Ava has a lamb that used to be a beautiful shade of white. She has had many baths, but will never be the same again! Ava also has a tag blanket that goes everywhere too!

materials said...

Although we have differences in culture, but do not want is that this view is the same and I like that!
age of conan power leveling

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails