Monday, September 15, 2008

day 1: operation turkey baster

well we went to the hospital to get Matt's gall bladder taken out this afternoon, he had to be there at noon, they prepped him and then we waited!! the surgery took about an hour, the Dr.. said he did great, he did have quite a few gallstones, but it wasn't anything they couldn't get orthoscopiclly (sp). it is now 6 and we just got him, he was in recovery for about 2 hours, he took a nice long nap. i only got PRE-op pics, sorry i felt kind of bad capitalizing on him in his POST-op state. thank you everyone for all your prayers!!!!


i would really like to take a minute right now and share my favorite part of the entire day!!! there was a 2 hour gap in my day, where my phone never rang, and i got to sit and enjoy my TNL, and my new book club book(which by the way is GREAT!)!!! i have to admit it was very nice to have 2 hours to myself, even if it was in a hospital waiting room!!!

6 comments:

Gabe ♥ Hannah said...

i love you so much! u cute lil nurse you! xoxoxo

lori bunk said...

2 whole hours of uninterrupted coffee and book time? maybe chris should go in to see how his gallbladder is looking!

i am glad matt's alright. we prayed for him today. let us know if there is anything we can do.

Jaimie said...

I'm glad to hear all is well...let me know if you need anything.

Aunt Sue said...

Man, that 2nd pic w/ the thumbs up is too funny!!!

Kathy said...

I know how you feel about having 2 hours to yourself, to sit and read and enjoy your coffee. I had the same experience when John had his elbow operated on in January.
Glad to hear all is well. Everytime I thought about Matt today, I thanked God for a good report. Glad to know my prayers were answered.

~d said...

ur a good wife & nurse...matt is in good hands! in my thoughts & prayers.
...and do they have book clubs for people who dont read books?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails